Adults 40s & 50s
Vision changes between the ages of 40 and 60 are common and can have a major impact on your ability to do your work efficiently and enjoy life the way you once did. Presbyopia – or the inability to focus on objects or text close up – can occur. Presbyopia is a normal part of the aging process that affects the eye’s ability to focus. In addition, the risk of eye health problems does increase with age, making it all the more important for regular eye health examinations.
Regular (every 1-2 years) eye health check-ups are critical during middle age and South Jersey Eye Physicians has highly-qualified Ophthalmologists and Optometrists to guide you through this natural process. Those with diabetes, or other risk factors, should have a dilated eye examination every year, or follow the recommendations of a medical professional should more frequent eye exams be necessary.
Warning signs and early treatment can help prevent sight loss. If you see floaters, flashes, distorted images or have loss of vision (side/peripheral or central), this could be a sign of retinal detachment, optic nerve damage, glaucoma or macular degeneration. Frequent changes or fluctuations in vision might be a sign of diabetes or high blood pressure. Please be sure to consult your eye doctor immediately to prevent further vision loss.
- Family history of eye conditions
- Autoimmune diseases
- Medical conditions, such as those with diabetes or hypertension
- Ethnic backgrounds at higher risk: African Americans, Hispanics
- Social factors, such as tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Working in visually demanding or eye hazardous occupations
- Taking systemic medications with ocular side effects
Your 40’s and 50’s are the perfect time for LASIK and other vision corrective surgeries. Schedule your no obligation, FREE consultation today to learn more about LASIK and your vision correction options.
Services for You
- Complete glaucoma and cataract detection
- Comprehensive eye health exams
- Management of diabetic and other retinal diseases
- LASIK Surgery or other corrective vision surgery
- Frames from Coach, Gucci, Versace, Prada, Oakley, Ray-Ban, Bebe, Jimmy Crystal and many more!
- Contact lenses with 10% discounts and free shipping (if you purchase a 1 year supply)
- Computer eyeglasses and contact lenses
- A multilingual staff