MATURE ADULTS & SENIORS (60s+)
Patients over the age of 60 have a higher risk for the development of cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration. This age threshold makes individuals susceptible to visually disabling vision conditions as well as systemic health issues. For this reason, South Jersey Eye Physicians recommends annual eye health examinations, at a minimum, with our highly-qualified Ophthalmologists and Optometrists to guide you through the aging process. Those with diabetes, or other risk factors, should have a dilated eye examination at least once every year, or follow the recommendations of a medical professional should more frequent eye exams be necessary.
Warning signs and early treatment can help prevent sight loss. If you see floaters, flashes, distorted images or have loss of vision (side/peripheral or central), this could be a sign of retinal detachment, optic nerve damage, glaucoma or macular degeneration. Frequent changes or fluctuations in vision might be a sign of diabetes or high blood pressure. Please be sure to consult your eye doctor immediately to prevent further vision loss.
- Family history of eye conditions
- Autoimmune diseases
- Medical conditions, such as those with diabetes or hypertension
- Ethnic backgrounds at higher risk: African Americans, Hispanics
- Social factors, such as tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Participation in visually demanding or eye hazardous activities
- Taking systemic medications with ocular side effects
- Other factors
South Jersey Eye Physicians is recognized as a leading cataract surgery and care center in South Jersey. Drs. Sander Cohen and James Nachbar are the area's ONLY Ophthalmologists who are Board Certified in Cataract Surgery (by the American Board of Eye Surgeons). They use the latest in technological advances to treat your cataracts. Our outpatient cataract surgery center is located INSIDE our Moorestown office site and is staffed to meet your needs in a relaxed environment. Click on the link above to learn more about the cataract services offered to you at SJEYE.
Glaucoma is actually several diseases damaging the optic nerve. It is one of the leading causes of blindness in the U.S. and the most common cause of blindness among African-Americans. South Jersey Eye Physicians is equipped to handle your glaucoma needs in a caring environment where the genuine comfort and care of our patients is our highest mission. Click on the link above to learn more about the glaucoma services offered to you at SJEYE.
This disease involves the loss of central vision (versus peripheral vision) and causes damage to the retina. It is one of the major causes of blindness. South Jersey Eye Physicians strives to serve our patients experiencing macular degeneration with the highest respect and consideration at every visit. Dr. Michael Colucciello treats macular degeneration with the latest techniques. Click on the link above to learn more about the macular degeneration services offered to you at SJEYE.
Services for you:
- Complete glaucoma and cataract detection
- Premium access to an onsite Ambulatory Surgery Center
- No needle, No stitch, No patch cataract surgery
- High Technology IOL (Intraocular Lens Implants) for Cataract Surgery
- Toric IOL to treat astigmatism (better distance vision without glasses)
- Multifocal IOL (sharper distance ¬AND reading vision without glasses)
- Comprehensive eye health exams
- Management of diabetic
- Management of macular degeneration and other retinal diseases
- Low vision services for the partially-sighted
- LASIK surgery or other corrective vision surgery
- Full service Optical shops, with frames from Coach, Gucci, Versace, Prada, Oakley, Ray-Ban, Bebe, Jimmy Crystal and many more !
- Computer eyeglasses
- Customized sunglasses
- Crizal antireflective and non-scratch coating
- A multilingual staff
- Flexible financing options
- Accepts medical and health insurance plans
- Easy online appointment scheduling
SJEYE accepts VSP, Davis, and EyeMed Vision Plans! Check with your employer or insurance provider to learn more about what South Jersey Eye Physicians can now do for you! See better. Live better. Schedule your eye health appointment at any of our three convenient locations today.