Careers at South Jersey Eye Physicians
Surgical Scheduler Job Description
We are currently seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic, and reliable Surgical Scheduler. The Surgical Scheduler is responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of pre-operative preparations to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible. This full-time position has direct patient contact, so being a “people person” is important.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical office experience preferred, surgical scheduling a plus.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Schedule patients’ surgeries and follow up appointments.
- Acts as an effective liaison between the practice, patient, surgeon, insurance provider and multiple surgical facilities in all aspects of pre-operative preparations
- Documents appropriate information in both the paper and electronic charts. Fills out appropriate practice paperwork and consents.
- Obtains necessary clearances from the patient’s primary care physician.
- Collects funds for premium services and self-pay patients. Verifies that all such funds are collected preoperatively.
- Answers phone inquiries from patients, their families, surgical facilities, and primary care physicians
- Must be able to perform all positions/job duties accurately and effectively within your department as needed.
- Have a pleasant personality. Personable and empathetic with patient’s questions, needs and concerns. Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Be punctual. Have reliable transportation and able to travel to other office locations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization with attention to detail
- Accurate data entry and legible handwriting
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Seeks help as needed.
- Composure under pressure, must be able to address difficult situations in a calm, professional manner. Always exhibits professional demeanor while representing the practice.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Motivation to succeed. Must be able to accept constructive and instructive criticism and implement corrective action.
If you would like to apply for the Surgical Scheduler position, please email your resume and cover letter as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.