South Jersey Eye Physicians' mission is to protect, preserve, and improve vision. We will fulfill this mission by:
• Being the pre-eminent area provider of general ophthalmology services
• Offering a broad range of sub-specialty ophthalmology services
• Providing diverse, related ophthalmic services
All services offered will be consistent with:
• Maintaining a patient advocacy role;
• Adhering to ethical standards defined by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the physicians' own personalities;
• Implementing leading edge service techniques;
• Teaching referring physicians in the community;
• Teaching others entering the specialty;
• Achieving a profit.
Our targeted clients are:
• Adults and children living and/or working in Burlington County and the surrounding areas;
• Primary care physicians and specialists in South Jersey who require ophthalmic consultation and/or intervention for their patients;
• General ophthalmologists in South Jersey requiring sub-specialty consultation and/or intervention for their clientele.
For the convenience of our patients, we offer evening and Saturday appointments in addition to our weekday appointments starting as early as 7AM.
SJEYE is a participating provider for Medicare and almost all HMO, PPO, and Point-of-Service insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company to verify we are participating providers with your insurance plan.
Practice History & Milestones
• 2005 - Dr. Colucciello performs New Jersey's first Macugen injection for treating macular degeneration.
• 2000 - LASIK performed on the area's first Bausch & Lomb "Flying Spot" Excimer Laser (Dr. Nachbar)
• 2000 - First Photo-Dynamic Laser Therapy treatment in South Jersey performed for macular degeneration (Dr. Colucciello)
• 2000 - First in the area to be Board Certified as a LASIK Specialist (one of first 12 in the entire USA) by the American Board of Eye Surgeons (Dr. Nachbar)
• 1999 - Optic Nerve Fiber Analyzer installed for glaucoma testing; First in the area
• 1999 - First Intacs (intra-corneal ring) performed (Dr. Nachbar)
• 1999 - First ever S. Jersey ophthalmologist (Dr. Nachbar) to be two time Philadelphia Magazine "Top Doc" as a Refractive Surgeon
• 1998 - First (in Delaware Valley) to become Board Certified as Cataract Surgery Sub-specialists by the American Board of Eye Surgery (Drs. Cohen and Nachbar)
• 1997 - First Endo-Cyclo Photocoagulation (ECP) Laser performed for glaucoma
• 1995 - First (still the only in area) "in office" ophthalmic Surgical Center
• 1995 - First private practice in area to have digital fluorescein angiography for diabetic and macular degeneration care
• 1994 - First in area to perform Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK)
• 1992 - Popularized Radial Keratotomy in South Jersey.
• 1988 - First in South Jersey to perform silicone intra-ocular lens implant (IOL) insertion.
• 1986 - First successfully performed Epikeratophakia surgery in South Jersey
• 1985 - First office in area to have both Argon and YAG lasers in office.
• 1985 - First visual field perimeter in area for glaucoma testing